Monday, April 16, 2012

4/16/2012- Welcome to Roto Wizard !

Good afternoon everyone,

Welcome to the Roto Wizard website ! My blog is going to be a collection of thoughts and observations about the current fantasy sports season, be it baseball or football. Currently I don't partake in fantasy hockey, golf, NASCAR, or any other sport, so I'm going to stick with the "big 2" for the meantime.

This is my first foray into the blog-sphere as well, so I'm going to learn quite a bit of it on the go. I'll have to apologize in advance if the website isn't fully functional yet, it was just created this morning! Feel free to provide any recommendations about the website, or contact me with any fantasy-related questions which you may have. I also have a co-contributor Ed Cullen (I promise that he isn't the vampire from the movies, ladies) who will be posting his thoughts occasionally on the blog.

To give a bit of background on my fantasy sports career, I've been involved in both baseball and football leagues for the past six years. I currently am the commissioner of a league in each sport, and have taken the trophy home in both multiple times. I typically play in head-to-head formats, although I've opened my eyes to the older (and more simpler) world of rotisserie baseball this season. Both my baseball and football leagues are 12 team auction style formats, which is what I will typically cater my advice and posts towards.

In the past year and a half I've really gotten more involved in the fantasy sports world. Rather than just listen to a podcast or read a draft magazine, I've recently been contacting the leading members of the industry either over the phone (I'm a regular caller on Sirius XM's "Fantasy Drive" show hosted by Kyle Elfrink, Ray Flowers and Kay Adams) or via twitter. Some of my biggest influences thusfar are: Ron Shandler, Scott Pianowski, Keith Law, Matthew Berry and Ray Flowers.

I know that getting involved in the industry is a tough undertaking, but I believe that I'm up for the challenge. Fantasy sports have been a passion of mine for quite some time, so getting to share my love of the industry with other people is really a dream come true.

To contact me, please either tweet me @Roto_Wizard or by e-mail at RotoWizard01@yahoo.com

I'm going to attempt to create my first post later on this afternoon, so consider this one a mere drop in the pool of what is to come. I can't wait to get this party started.

Allakazam,

~ The Roto Wizard

1 comment:

  1. Well this is a good start RotoWiz. The person you hired to create this magnificent blog is a genius. I hope you over payed him.

    ReplyDelete